Health & Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager
Up to £50,000 + bonus + benefits
Our client is a highly successful, market leading supplier to global food retailers. They are now seeking a driven, forward-thinking professional to take ownership of health and safety matters across the site, and drive cultural change and best practice throughout this fast-paced business.
This is a fantastic role for someone to make their mark in a superb dynamic company, offering excellent opportunity for progression and personal development. You will work autonomously across the business, shaping the policies in a complex and ever-changing environment and regulatory framework.
- To develop, implement, monitor and review health and safety strategies, policies, procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices in line with company Safety Framework
- To ensure the provision of clear, consistent, relevant and timely health, safety and welfare advice, guidance and operational support on all health and safety matters
- To promote a positive health and safety culture and improve health and safety performance
- To respond to any safety concerns raised by employees, managers, safety representatives, visitors, contractors or members of the public
- To liaise with the Health and Safety Executive and any other 3rd Party on all matters pertaining to health and safety
- To support managers in the carrying out of risk assessments where required
- To ensure a workable communication framework is in place to facilitate the flow of health and safety information throughout the company
- To undertake audits and to carry out workplace inspections to proactively identify where health & safety practices may be improved
- To investigate, or where appropriate, support managers in the investigation into circumstances or causes of accidents and take necessary steps to prevent reoccurrence
- To analyse accident, incident and hazard reporting statistics and recommend intervention strategies
- Prepare health and safety reports and statistical performance data as required
- Take account of and ensure that all policies and procedures are compatible with current health and safety legislation
- Active engagement with the factory floor to achieve relevant legislative or company safety standards
- Commitment to resolving health safety issues through communication and practical means
- Chairing Safety meetings at all levels of the business
- Actively participating in Group H&S initiatives and meetings
This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in a successful and developing business with international reach and an appetite for improvement. If you are interested in exploring this further, please apply now online for immediate consideration.