Location: Malvern, UK
£25,000 to £30,000 + benefits
Our client is a well-established leader in their field and with a track record of continued profitable growth and a Global footprint. They are a developer and manufacturer of highly technical and complex equipment for use by their scientific, Worldwide customer base.
In this role you will be part of a team of empowered multi-disciplined engineers to deliver innovative solutions to engineering problems. Bring engineering expertise to contribute to the development of high-performance, cost effective and reliable systems / components for a diverse and technically complex product range.
What are your responsibilities?
- Design alignment and test procedures to ensure designed system performance can be quickly and reliably achieved.
- Design tooling and equipment to allow optical alignment to be carried out.
- Review and advise on optical mounting and adjustment systems for new products.
- Use knowledge of optical fabrication and coating methods to help optical designers achieve more robust designs that are cheaper and easier to make.
- Redesign optical mounting and adjustment systems where problems arise in existing products.
- Analyse optical and mechanical tolerances to ensure system performance can be maintained despite component and alignment variation.
- Review component and assembly drawings to ensure all critical performance features are controlled.
- Liaise with Development Scientists to identify critical performance features for each optical component.
- Measure and test optical components to ensure they are within specification when manufacturing problems arise.
- Design bespoke test rigs to control critical performance features which cannot be readily measured with standard equipment.
- Transition component control from bespoke test rigs to standard test equipment.
- Develop and maintain an optical metrology facility to diagnose component problems.
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop their employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- They value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of their work processes.
- Flexi-time (core hours 10.00am - 12.00pm and 2.00pm - 3.00pm) to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.
This is an employer of choice, growing and at the forefront of their market - if you may be interested in this opportunity, apply now with your CV for immediate consideration.