Project Planner / Analyst
Project Planner / Analyst
Based: Malvern, Worcestershire (flexible working offered), 2/3 days per wk from home
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 + generous benefits package
Our client is a well-established leader in their field and with a track record of continued profitable growth and a Global footprint. They are a developer and manufacturer of highly technical and advanced equipment.
The Project Planner / Analyst should be able to create, monitor, and analyse project schedules in MS Project / Project Online in accordance with standard of best project practice and have significant competence in handling external and internal stakeholders. They may provide intensive short-term advice to high level line managers and stakeholders to aid strategic portfolio decisions and scenario planning.
The Project Planner / Analyst will be responsible for applying the following independently, in complex situations; they will be recognised as an expert in these areas and may be called on by others to provide advice on the following:
- Design and develop project schedule, identifying major milestones, decision points, project life cycle and other project events
- Interact with project team and task managers to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules, resources, cost information and identification of variances from original plan.
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas, determining root causes and impacts
- Analyse critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around, both at project and portfolio level
- Suggest management of risks affecting project profit, costs, schedules, resources, and client relations.
- Support project management team to maintain timely and effective change management processes, procedures, and systems.
- Assist project team to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
- Maintain overview of project risk register to ensure that risks are effectively being reviewed to minimise their impact on schedule, scope, and budget of projects
- Report on trends, forecasts, project contingency, and schedule risks and opportunities.
- Update the schedule and compare the actual work performed against the baseline program
The Project Planner / Analyst will be responsible for applying the following independently in complex situations and may supervise others applying the competence:
- Promoting the company in all actions, acting in a morally, legally, and socially appropriate manner in dealings with stakeholders, members of project teams and the organisation
- Determining the best means of satisfying requirements within the context of project objectives and constraints i.e. developing solutions
- Preparing and maintaining schedules for project activities and events, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements
- Developing, implementing, and updating resources allocations plans (other than finance) needed for projects, taking account of availabilities and scheduling
- Identifying and monitoring project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects
This is an exciting new role, and, for the right person, it will be a great opportunity to add real value withing this highly capable team. You should, ideally, be obsessed with the detail!
The company and this role offers the right person significant scope for personal development both within the local business but also internationally (if desired). If you feel you have the required skills and experience and would be interested in more detail, apply now attaching your CV and we will be in touch promptly.