This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing and evolving global FMCG employer of choice, looking for a driven quality technician to implement and maintain the highest quality standards, effectively drive continuous improvements and ensure the operational food safety and quality systems comply with internal and international standards.
Reporting to the Quality & Food Safety Manager, the key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- On-going development and implementation of food safety management system (HACCP) in alignment with corporate standards, including all associated controls.
- Support the development and maintenance of appropriate food safety controls in the factory and production processes.
- Manage the raw material and finished product testing regimes, in line with requirements of material risk assessments.
- Collate and present period report audit results. Period trend analysis of holds, CAR’s and audits. Including collation for period quality review.
- Maintain day to day Quality Department interface with manufacturing, first line of contact for factory quality issues.
- Periodic auditing of production records, raise non-conformances where appropriate. Ensure corrective actions are put in place to prevent reoccurrence and report trends to quality management team.
- Maintain and update glass & brittle materials register for new processes / building work.
- Audit Drinks Factory as scheduled against register and raise non-conformances where appropriate. Ensure corrective action and closure in timescales agreed.
- Management of metal detection log and issue log. Generate period reports on metal incidents and notify manager of trends occurring.
- Manage product reference samples and gold reference samples for sensory evaluation.
- Collate cleaning verification samples for analysis, log, and dispatch to laboratory, report results to manager.
- Release and management of deliveries of Category A ingredients. Interface with internal and external logistics.
- Support the training of Operations/R&D colleagues for key quality tasks. eg. traceability, organoleptic assessment, completion of production logs, cleaning/sanitisation. Has line stop authority if product / raw materials found to be out of spec. Cat A release.
If you are interested and have the relevant experience, we would like to hear from you. Please call Camilla Clark at Rockfield Specialist Recruitment or apply now, with your CV, on-line.