Senior Systems Engineer
Are you looking for a position in which you can bring your engineering expertise to develop high-performance, cost effective and reliable systems and components? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Our client is a well-established leader in their field and with a track record of continued profitable growth and a Global footprint. They are a developer and manufacturer of highly technical and complex scientific instrumentation.
In this role you will lead a dynamic team of empowered multi-disciplined engineers to deliver innovative solutions to engineering problems. Bring engineering expertise to contribute to the development of high-performance, cost effective and reliable systems / components for a diverse and technically complex product range.
- To provide innovative physics, chemistry, precision mechanics, optics, mathematical analysis, electronic, signal processing and control, or other scientific contributions to the design of a range of products and services.
- To lead in the development of products as part of a multi-disciplinary project team and to work within project timescales, providing progress indicators and task estimates, as necessary.
- To understand customer requirements including the nature of customer measurement applications and how to translate them to functional specifications of the instrument system.
- To gain an understanding of all aspects of the instrument measurement and control from introduction of the sample, to signal acquisition, result generation, cloud-connectivity and high-level processing.
- To solve product problems as they relate to the operation of the instrument system, or the science of the measurement, liaising with other technical specialists, as necessary.
- To understand the customer workflow and architect instrument systems to satisfy the customer needs.
- To liaise with suppliers in defining the choice of components with a particular emphasis on key sensors and state of the art technology.
- To liaise with other groups in the transfer of designs and in the definition of system testing procedures and to liaise with operations/test teams to ensure that system build procedures are appropriate for new systems.
- To assist in training courses for internal and external personnel.
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop their employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- They value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of their work processes.
- Hybrid working a flexi-time (core hours 10.00am - 12.00pm and 2.00pm - 3.00pm) to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.
This is an employer of choice, growing and at the forefront of their market - if you may be interested in this opportunity, apply now with your CV for immediate consideration.