Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Malvern, UK
£45,000 to £50,000 + benefits
Are you looking for a position in which you can bring your senior engineering expertise to drive a culture of innovation and efficiency? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Yes - then this might be your chance to become a part of an exciting and dynamic Engineering team!
In this role you will be part of leading a team of multi-disciplined engineers to deliver innovative solutions to engineering problems. Bring senior engineering expertise to the wider R&D Sustaining team and contribute to the development of high-performance, cost effective and reliable systems / components for a diverse and technically complex product range.
What are your responsibilities?
- Support with the management of team day-to-day activities, including line management and employee lifecycle of the R&D Sustaining team.
- As a senior member of the team, role model a commitment to quality in the work, supporting each other in the goals and rigour in their approach - to drive a culture of an engaged, high-performing team.
- Support, coach, and mentor the team to drive professional knowledge, development, and learning.
- Coordination of technical delivery from Mechanical, Electronics, Optics and Applications Development Scientist teams.
- Communicating cross-functionally on design direction and requirements
- Developing designs and processes with non-R&D departments, acting as the R&D technical liaison among these departments.
- Managing and tracking multiple priorities within schedule requirements and driving multiple departments and functions towards a common goal.
- To understand customer requirements including the nature of the customer measurement application and how this relates to the overall instrument system capability.
- To lead the resolution of product problems as they relate to the operation of the instrument system or the science of the measurement.
- To acquire, maintain and disseminate knowledge of up to date technology and its potential application.
Great to have?
- Experience with problem solving methodologies.
- Experience with Lean/ DFSS/ DFXtoolsets.
- Experience with planning, monitoring, and delivering a project.
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. They then continue to support and develop their employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- They value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- Flexi-time (core hours 10.00am - 12.00pm and 2.00pm - 3.00pm) to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.
This is an employer of choice, growing and at the forefront of their market - if you may be interested in this opportunity, apply now with your CV for immediate consideration.