Location: Malvern, UK
£33,000 to £45,000 + benefits
Are you looking for a position in which you can bring your senior engineering expertise to contribute to the development of high-performance, cost effective and reliable systems and components? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Yes - then this might be your chance to become a part of an exciting and dynamic Engineering team!
Our client is a well-established leader in their field and with a track record of continued profitable growth and a Global footprint. They are a developer and manufacturer of highly technical and complex equipment for use by their scientific, Worldwide customer base.
In this role you will be part of a team of empowered multi-disciplined engineers to deliver innovative solutions to engineering problems. Bring engineering expertise to contribute to the development of high-performance, cost effective and reliable systems / components for a diverse and technically complex product range.
What are your responsibilities?
- Use initiative to build knowledge, seek feedback, learn from others around you and drive professional development.
- Role model a commitment to quality in their work, supporting each other in their goals and rigour in their approach. Be an active part of an engaged and high-performing team.
- Communicate cross-functionally on design direction and requirements.
- Develop designs and processes with non-R&D departments, acting as the R&D technical liaison among these departments.
- Collaborate with and drive multiple departments and functions towards a common goal.
- Manage and plan the delivery of your own work, providing timely progress indication and task estimates, as necessary.
- Understand customer requirements including the nature of the customer measurement application and how this relates to the overall instrument system capability.
- Gain an understanding of all aspects of instrument measurement and control of at least one instrument within our portfolio, from introduction of the sample to generation and storage of the result.
- Be responsible for the resolution of product problems as they relate to the operation of the instrument system or the science of the measurement liaising with other technical specialists, as necessary.
Great to have?
- Experience with problem solving methodologies.
- Experience with Lean/ DFSS/ DFX toolsets.
- Experience with planning, monitoring, and delivering a project.
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop their employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- They value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of their work processes.
- Flexi-time (core hours 10.00am - 12.00pm and 2.00pm - 3.00pm) to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.
This is an employer of choice, growing and at the forefront of their market - if you may be interested in this opportunity, apply now with your CV for immediate consideration.