Project Manager (maternity contract)
Our client is a well-established, market leading company which offers specialist services within the construction and related industries. They are now looking for a capable project manager to join the business on a year’s maternity contract, after which they may be further opportunity. The role is currently full-time, but our client will also consider candidates looking to work on a part-time basis and potentially it could be hybrid.
The role is broad and varied, and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of managing projects, which have been delivered successfully, within budgets and timeframes.
- Utilise efficient, effective, and professional project management techniques to ensure the successful delivery of services.
- Retain accountability and responsibility for tactical and operational decisions and procedures relating to allocated projects and programmes.
- Liaise with clients on appropriate activities.
- Plan and coordinate on-site works. This will include assigning personnel to tasks, organise transport moves, accommodation and liaise with workshops/stores so all project requirements are met.
- Ensure the schedule of works is always up-to-date and chair weekly scheduling meetings.
- Maintain an in-depth and current understanding of the finances of the project, utilising this knowledge to make timely adjustments when issues are identified.
- Ensure all additional works / variations, and standing time are covered commercially before works take place
- Ensure Quality, H&S & Environmental compliance requirements are met.
- Write risk assessments & method statements for projects so safe working practices are always followed
- Ensure site personnel’s deployment paperwork and training qualifications remain in date
- Maintain regular communication and attend meetings with clients and their representatives to inform them of progress on the project
- Assist the Accounts and Commercial Team with revenues forecasts, invoicing, cash collection and dispute resolution
- Implement a philosophy of continuous operational and personal improvement.
- Model expected displays of leadership, management, and professional behaviour to others and challenge behaviours that fall short.
- Maintain Salesforce system and Sales Pipeline
- Implement changes to improve efficiencies
If you are interested in this role, please apply online or contact Camilla Clark Rockfield Specialist Recruitment for a confidential chat.