Sustainability and Health & Safety Manager
Sustainability and Health & Safety Manager
Generous salary + car + benefits
Gloucester + some travel
Dynamic, technologically advanced, vibrant, highly commercial, entrepreneurial, rapidly expanding, market leading - interested?
Our client operates as a leader within the events management Sector, delivering valuable, innovative, and high-quality services to the UK’s most prestigious major sporting events and festivals (Olympics, Ryder Cup, F1, Six Nations, Twickenham, Badminton Horse Trials, Boomtown and so many more). The industry is extremely fast paced and is evolving quickly, providing ongoing opportunity for further development as a leader in their field. They also partner with many of the leading FMCG brands, bringing brand and consumer together in a truly unique way.
Sustainability is high on the agenda!
They are already leading the field in Sustainability and H&S, but they stive for better and now wish to appoint a proven professional who’s passion and knowledge for the subject, combined with their gravitas and ability to get others on board, will drive sustainability to the next level. You will be responsible for inhouse sustainability, such that new and exciting benefits and processes can be showcased when tendering but will also work with the World’s largest FMCG brands and the Event owners to shape sustainability innovation across the sector.
Additionally, you will be responsible for development and maintenance of they Groups Health & Safety policy.
- Developing and implementing a companywide robust and commercially viable sustainability strategy.
- All operational H&S strategy, processes, and activities.
The role will involve setting key measurable KPI’s and delivering initiatives that support and deliver the programme. Through influencing skills, strong project and stakeholder management including 3rd party support, the role will involve working with both internal and external stakeholders to drive their health, safety, and sustainability agenda, setting the business objectives to raise awareness and achieve KPI’s.
- Plan, develop, and deliver the company’s CSR strategy including projects to improve operational sustainability and drive change within the business and with key stakeholders.
- Work with the Senior Management Team to establish baselines and set sustainability KPI’s and agree and manage any actions.
- Monitor and review the company’s sustainability objectives, providing reports to evaluate the progress and outcomes on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Integrating sustainability requirements into procurement processes to ensure that new suppliers meet the required standards.
- Contribute to the tender process by demonstrating their commitment to sustainability and how their practices reduce the impact on the environment.
- Working with internal stakeholders to investigate sustainable dietary options such as meat free or plant-based alternatives and provide suggestions to the appropriate divisions within the business.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to share and embed best practice into every area, establishing a steering committee and improving business wide understanding of sustainability.
- Work with Group Marketing to develop a communications plan that highlights the company strategy and achievements.
- Engage with accreditations and initiatives such as Vision:2025, B-Corp and CarbonX to understand our impact on the environment and to take positive action to reduce this.
Health & Safety:
- Be the primary operational lead for all health and safety strategy, processes and activities and queries.
- Develop, implement, and maintain HSE strategies to improve standards in line with industry best practices and actively promote a safety culture.
- Work with each operational Division to ensure HSE processes are embedded.
- Arrange and carry out site safety and environmental audits and safety inspections, working with third parties as required. Maintain comprehensive records of audits and inspections and ensure any actions are implemented.
- Liaise with contractors, suppliers, and venues to ensure management and implementation of safety procedures.
- Ensure Company policies and practices are regularly updated to comply with all aspects of current UK H&S legislation.
- Identify future H&S and sustainability legislation and government requirements and assess the effect on business.
If you are highly motivated and interested in joining a market leading and rapidly expanding business then we’re keen to hear from you - please apply now with your CV, for immediate consideration.